[Sticky] Best Practices for selling Gemstones
Here is a list of best practices to have a higher chance of selling your gemstone
- Get the gemstone verified or certified by a gemologist or reliable third party laboratory
- Specify the quality of your gemstones based on 4Cs+OT principles (details provided below)
- Carat weight
- Color - three-dimensionally (in terms hue, tone and saturation)
- Clarity - in terms of eye-visible inclusions and crystal transparency (transparent, translucent or opaque)
- Cut - Gemstone cut quality
- Origin - where is the gemstone mined from?
- Treatment - what type of treatments has gemstone gone through (to learn more please check the gemstone treatment forum)
Please note - NO SPAM IS ALLOWED AND WE WILL PROVIDE ONLY TWO WARNINGS. THIRD WARNING AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO POST ANYMORE!
Good luck with gemstone sales!
Tarun Gupta, GIA GG
Managing Director of Thai Native Gems (1960) Co., Ltd.